In light of our theme this month around LOVE, COMMUNITY, & BALANCE we’d love to share the hOM company culture and why the hOMies love their job so much.
We have a lot of hOM puns here at the office, hOMies being one of them. Yes, it definitely does mean any of these definitions from Urban Dictionary but for us a hOMie is someone that shares the passion and mission of hOM.
hOM founders Ryan Freed, Francesca Loftus and Corey Loftus believe that employees perform better when they feel supported, both practically and emotionally. How, you ask? Read below to find out!
Top 10 Reasons The hOMies Love Their Job
10. Great Benefits hOM employees have access tostellar health care, dental and vision insurance. Other benefits include Citi Bike memberships and company phone plans. Hello, peace of mind!
“On average, it would take hOM employees more than doubling their current salary to consider leaving their current job!” Based on a 2017 anonymous company culture survey
9. Exploring New York City and Jersey City Travelling all over Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and Jersey City is a fun way to get to know all the nooks and crannies of this metropolis. hOM teachers could walk down a different street every week. You’ll be the first to know about that trendy new coffee shop in Williamsburg, the new juice press in Chelsea, or the gluten-free bakery in the Financial District because you happen to walk by!
8. Free Continued Education Speaking of exploring, hOM employees have access to endless optional yoga, fitness, and professional trainings. Most of the workshops hosted for hOMies are held right in the intimate comfort of the hOM office, and they’re always taught by experts in their field. Examples include professional business training in marketing know-how or learning how to handstand and arm balance.
7. Sharing Knowledge Being surrounded by so many creative and accomplished people at work means that we learn a lot via osmosis. You’re sure to learn something new at the monthly teacher meeting, where everyone shares their most recent favorite yoga or other fitness move.
6. The Most Hip Office Ever Situated in the heart of RETech Row in Chelsea, the hOM office is a two-floor live-work space decorated with both comfort and flair. Working from your laptop is a pleasure when you can snuggle into a cozy basket chair surrounded by furry pillows, or sprawl out on a velvet couch with a cup of coffee with almond milk from the kitchen. The office is nicknamed hOMplace for a reason!
5. Staying Fit hOMies move around a lot, so if you like to stay fit (of course you do, you’re in the wellness biz!) you’re in luck. From teaching classes to walking around town to learning new moves in workshops, you’ll burn off that Doughnut in no time. Yay for the people who hate to sit at a desk all day!
4. Flexible Schedule Outside of teaching classes and meetings, a lot of work can be done on your own schedule. There are no clock-in hours. Work from home, from the hOMplace, or from Costa Rica if that’s where you jetted to for the week. Pura vida!
3. R-E-S-P-E-C-T Working for a start-up doesn’t always mean peace and love and rainbows, but at hOM, everyone is treated equally. Department managers are there to answer questions without judgment. Employees give feedback on each other quarterly, always through a lens of encouragement. Founders and new hires alike pitch in to run the dishwasher!
“96% of employees feel personally and professionally supported by hOM. (Eisenberger et al., 1986; abbreviated scale per Eisenberger et al., 1997)” Based on a 2017 anonymous company culture survey
2. Doing Good and Giving Back Working at hOM means giving back to the community we live in. Connecting to tenants and residents by bringing them health and wellness makes a hOMie happy. hOM also donates a class per week to those on their journey with cancer, taught on a volunteer basis by our teachers.
1. LOVE Knowing your coworkers have your back no matter what is an incredible feeling. Hard day? Talk to your fellow hOMie. Just became an uncle? Share it in the weekly team meeting and we’ll celebrate together! You’re surrounded by a circle of your peers, and we all happen to be empaths. hOMies are family!
Interested in learning more about becoming a hOMie? Check out our hiring page